Children's brain is malleable, brain can be made stronger or weaker and truly believe that despite of all great intentions we unfortunately remold our child brain towards wrong direction. The reasons are below
1. Kids get what they want when they want it Kids are given attention all the time like if the kid says I am bored, parents immediately says Use my phone. Parents always do their best to keep their child happy and end up making them miserable in long term. Parents should develop the ability of delay gratification to their child ,that is making their kid hear "No " or delay in giving what they want rather than giving them right away because nowadays, children are gradually becoming less equipped to deal with even minor stress which eventually will become huge obstacles to their success in life.
2. Limited Social Interaction As we know all are busy and we end up giving digital gadgets to our children and make them busy too rather than motivating to go out and play in natural environment and learn social skills. Technology unfortunately have replaced the outdoor games, reduced parent interaction with their kid and socially interact with other kid. Child's Brain is like a muscle and can be trained and teach something new to them like riding a bike, teach them to wait to develop patience in them and make them interact with others to develop social skills.
3. Endless Fun We have created an artificial fun world for our children and they are no dull moments in them and keep them entertained all the time because we think if we don't entertain them we are not doing our parenting duty properly. Instead of making our child helping us in laundry or tidy their room as we all know this is basic work that trains their brain to be workable and function instead of boredom which will help them do any work at school like practicing handwriting instead of complaining that the work is boring.
4. Technology Parents do use technology as a free babysitting service but it is not free and payment just keep waiting just around the corner and end up paying for their kids nervous system, attention and delay in teaching them the ability of gratification .In fact, compared to virtual reality, everyday life becomes boring for kids. Technology also disconnects child emotionally from their families. Parents available emotionally is the main nutrient for any child's brain development. Unfortunately, due to technology we are gradually depriving our children of that nutrient.
5. Kids rule the world Kids does not like to have vegetables, go to bed early, dress up on their own or to play with their toys instead find the digital device like iPad more comforting by this practice they learn they can do what they want and not do what they don't want. The concept of "need to do" becomes absent, Kids very well know that what they need to do but find it very hard time doing what is necessary to achieve their goal. This results in unattainable goals and makes the kid feel disappointment.
Kids are in a devastating emotional state! Most come to school emotionally and are unavailable for learning,VICTORIA, a known friend contributes the factors of our modern lifestyle which contribute to this and proudly is seeing widespread and asked her share thoughts on this.Every parent cares about the future of their children should read this and should ensure that child hears to this message She quoted that" I am an occupational therapist with years of experience working with children, parents, and teachers. I completely agree with this teacher's message that our children are getting worse and worse in many aspects"
Train their Brain These tips will successfully help your kid function socially, emotionally and on academic levels and these will help train the child's brain and make a difference 1. Don't be afraid to set the limits. Kids need limits to grow happy and healthy!! Make a schedule time for their meal, sleep, technology time and keep an eye on what is beneficial for them instead of giving what they want immediately. Parents need to be creative to make their kid practice do what is good for them because most of the time is the exact opposite of what they want. 2. Limit Technology, and Re-Connect With Your Kids Emotionally Surprise your kid with some flowers, giving them smile, tickling them, keeping a love note in their backpack, by taking them out for lunch on a school day, dancing together, crawling together or having pillow fightswith them. 3. Train Delayed Gratification Make your kid wait and it is pretty normal to keep them wait and have some bored time this is the first step which leads to creativity.Gradually keep on increasing their waiting time and teach them to limit constant snacking. 4. Teach your child to do monotonous work from early years as it is the foundation for future "Workability" Teach them some monotonous work like folding laundry, tidying up toys, hanging clothes, unpacking groceries, setting the table, making lunch, unpacking their lunch box, making their bed. Initially make it stimulating and fun so that their brain associates it with something positive. 5. Teach Social Skills Teach your kid to take turns, share, lose/win games, compromise, compliment others, using phrases like please and thank you.From her experience as an occupational therapist, the kids changes the moment parents change their perspective on parenting. This will help your kids succeed in life by training and strengthening their brain faster.